One week ’til the Pearl Harbor Electronic Field Trip
Teachers, December 7th is only one week away—the 75th anniversary of the surprise Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. How will you commemorate this important anniversary and remember the “day of infamy” in your classroom?
Join The National WWII Museum and New Orleans PBS member station WYES for an interactive webcast focusing on the events of that momentous day. Remember Pearl Harbor—How Students Like YOU Experienced the Day of Infamy will give students from across the country the chance to watch live as two student reporters deliver updates from New Orleans and Hawaii.
- Produced for students in grades 5-8
- Participate through real-time Q&A and live polls
- Features on-the-scene reporting from students with survivors and witnesses of the attack
- Explore historic locations and museums, including the USS Arizona Memorial, the Pacific Aviation Museum, the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific, and The National WWII Museum
- FREE to all registered classrooms
Your students will make personal connections to history by hearing memorable stories and passionate testimony from survivors, witnesses, and experts while exploring important sites that are key to the story of the attack and World War II. It’s a unique opportunity not to be missed!
There will be two live programs on December 7th. Sign up for the webcast that is best for your time zone. Register today!
Post by Chrissy Gregg, Virtual Classroom Coordinator
Leave a Reply