Getting Around the Museum on History Day
We hope everyone is excited for this Saturday, April 9 and our Louisiana National History Day State Contest.
Upon arriving at the Museum, you may notice some growing pains as construction of our new “Founder’s Plaza” is taking place. Here’s how to get around during National History Day.
- Firstly, Andrew Higgins Drive and the Museum main entrance will be closed to all traffic, both motorized and pedestrian, on the day of the contest. Students, depending on their projects, will enter the Museum and check-in through TWO separate entrances.
- Through the temporary main entrance on Magazine Street on the corner of Andrew Higgins Drive for those students with DOCUMENTARY, PAPER & WEBSITE projects. This is just steps away from the Soda Shop entrance.
- Through the Firehouse for those students with EXHIBITS & PERFORMANCE projects. The firehouse is located on Magazine Street just shy of Poeyfarre Street.
- Secondly, Parking is available at one of four surface parking lots all within one block of the Museum. If you choose to park in a paid lot, make sure to follow directions clearly to avoid ticketing or booting of your car.
- The Museum parking garage is not yet open or available for parking.
- Thirdly, Student Check-In will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, April 9 inside one of the two Museum entrances listed above. Students needing directions should look for our Victory Corps youth volunteers who will be outside providing directions all along the Magazine Street sidewalks.
- At Check-In, all students will be given a room & interview time assignment
- DOCUMENTARY, PAPER & WEBSITE interviews will take place in the Louisiana Memorial Pavilion
- PERFORMANCES will be held in the Stage Door Canteen near the American Sector Restaurant
- EXHIBITS will be set up in the U.S. Freedom Pavilion: The Boeing Center
- For those students with PERFORMANCE & DOCUMENTARY projects, please ensure that you can set up and operate all of your props and technology yourself.
- For those students with PAPER and WEBSITE projects, your projects have been submitted to the judges for pre-viewing
- Finally, the Awards Ceremony will be held in the U.S. Freedom Pavilion: The Boeing Center and should begin at around 2:00 p.m.. All are welcome to attend.
We look forward to seeing everyone there, and thank you in advance for your patience while getting around. It’s going to be a great day at the Museum!
- Posted :
- Post Category :
- Tags :
- Follow responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.
Leave a Reply